Thursday 20 November 2014

Gweru's Crazy Pee makes waves in SA

Prince
Gweru-born Prince Maninge, aka Crazy Pee, is riding the waves in South Africa with his debut album Pese Panorira.

The dancehall album is marketed and distributed by Kirah Music which is based in Bulawayo and is owned by Clarence Garura.

“My album has gone silver in South Africa with the hit tracks Pese Panorira, Unodzoka Rinhi , Ruva Rangu and Ingwe being favourites at most night clubs and sports bars,” he said.

Crazy Pee is currently studying information and technology systems development with the University of Pretoria.

Elcee Gweja
The 23-year-old artiste said the music industry in South Africa was more productive than in Zimbabwe, hence his lucky break.

“I can safely say I have managed to discover gold in South Africa unlike at home where it is difficult to record even a single track,” he said.

Clarence Garura
Apart from recording his first album, Crazy Pee said he now had a clothing label – Gwaerja — with his partner Lazarus Chipangura aka Elcee.

“I was inspired by Freeman who sings dancehall,” he said. “I had my first track recorded at Megga Watts’s studios in South Africa.

“My music journey started when I was at high school at Dadaya in Zvishavane and I was part of a gospel group.

“My producer is Lazarus Chipangura aka Elcee Gweja.

“My strength and success comes from God and the support I get from my beloved parents.
“I want to thank the Zimbabwe Music Rights Association for working hard to try and eradicate piracy, which is affecting us artistes.”

The upcoming artiste has lined up shows in Gweru, Bulawayo, Kwekwe and Harare this festive season.-Southern Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment