Wednesday, 14 May 2014

BUSINESSMAN MAZVARIROFA RAPE TRIAL DATE SET


Popular Gweru businessman Oscar Mazvarirofa, who is facing rape charges after allegedly raping an eight year old girl before offering her five rand to keep quiet, will go on trial on 11 June before the regional court (Court 1).
 
Magistrate Judith Taruvinga today remanded the undertaker straight to his trial date.

He is currently out of custody on a $200 bail granted by magistrate Gertrude Mayonyose after his lawyer, Hillary Ndlovu of Chitere Chidawanyika and partners, made the  successful application.

Mazvarirofa is said to have sired 45 children with eight wives.
 
The State case is that some  time in December last year,  Mazvarirofa, who runs a coffin making workshop in Mtapa Light Industries, was at his company premises when the eight-year-old girl came to his shop asking for some plastic containers. The girl was in the company of a friend.

The court heard that Mazvarirofa lured the eight-year-old girl into one of his offices before he allegedly raped her once. Mazvarirofa allegedly gave the girl five rands and told her not to tell anyone about the rape incident, the court heard.

 The incident was, however, reported to the police after the girl revealed to her father about her sexual abuse at the hands of Mazvarirofa

 
Contrary to reports that Mazvarirofa, who is father to a popular Star FM disc jockey, was an End Time Message pastor, the elderly bespectacled businessman left the church more than 20 years ago, accusing jailed rapist pastor Robert Martin Gumbura of sexual immorality in the early 90s.